Re: Anthurium seeds

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium seeds
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:44:23 -0500

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium seeds
There’s certainly plenty to be leery of regarding this seller:

No good history to go on. Only 3 feedback ratings and those were all from her as a buyer
Snitches photos from other sites.
Sells seeds of very rare species (I’m assuming)
Based in Turkey (but says she gets the seeds from South America – I suppose that could happen)
Cheap postage (however most Anthurium seeds are pretty light and I can ship a  1 oz envelope first class TO Turkey for $.90

However, unless someone knows more than I have been able to glean from the threads of the past week, she has yet to be proven a total fraud.  Yes, yes, I know,
she snitched the photos, but that, in itself doesn’t mean the buyer won’t get what she’s selling.

Not to worry, though, it won’t be long before those feedback results start to come in, and we should know more, at least if she can deliver viable seeds of something.  Too bad it can take
quite some time before the identity of any seeds which sprout can be confirmed.

And I sure wouldn’t pay what some of those are paying for A. superbum without being pretty sure I’d be getting the right thing.

Stay tuned, this story ain’t over yet.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com