Re: Anthurium seeds

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium seeds
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 00:21:13 -0400

Don,

It's possible that her feedback will never turn negative. She's selling
seeds. They have to be grown at *least* to partial maturity before an ID
can be made, and often to full maturity and flowering. I know very
little about Anthurium.

Feedback can only be left for a short while. By the time people realize
she's ripping them off, the positive "fast shipping" ratings will be
piled up - assuming she ships promptly.

It's only if she ships other items that are known to be incorrect upon
arrival that her ratings will go down.

I've seen people reply on this list that eBay doesn't care if their
sellers are fraudulent. That's not true. Their entire business model
will crumble and they'll go out of business if they get a reputation for
allowing fraudulent sellers to get away with it. The procedure for
getting those sellers banned might be tedious, I don't know the
procedure, but if it doesn't work then eBay is doomed. eBay's management
might have been stupid enough to buy Skype (and lose a fortune) but
they're not stupid enough to go out of business for allowing fraudulent
sellers.

-Ken