An aroid forum on UBC

I've been asked by some of the regulars over on the University of British Colombia garden site to help form an aroid discussion group on that board.  UBC is run by the University of British Colombia Botanical Garden and is moderated by botanically trained individuals.  Several of the regulars on this board sometimes post over there as well.  The moderator of that forum, Daniel Mosquin, is concerned it might be considered to be in conflict with Aroid l.  I have copied this note to Daniel.  Since we already have aroid discussions over there, I can't personally see how that would be so.  Besides, the discussions are open to anyone and often non-aroiders join in.  That forum is quite large and people discuss just about any plant species you can imagine.
There is now at least one contributor on this board who came over as a result of UBC and several others who have asked me about Aroid l.  I don't know for certain if any others have joined this forum, but I suspect that may have done so.  So, if anyone has an objection, I'd like to have it made known so I can pass it along to Daniel.  Otherwise, I am going to encourage him to set up the aroid forum.  Many people already ask general questions about Philodendron sp., Anthurium sp. Alocasia sp. and many of the "garden variety" aroids.  In my opinion it simply opens up the world of aroids to an entirely new and larger group of people and may turn more into aroiders.  I sincerely doubt anyone is going to abandon Aroid l for a general discussion plant forum.  But if there is an objection, please let me know.
And just in case you have no idea what UBC even is, here's the link:
Steve Lucas
We collect and grow many rare and
exotic tropical plants and orchids.  Take
the "Rainforest Tour" at:
Aroid-L mailing list