Re: aroids

  • Subject: Re: aroids
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:07:21 -0500

Steve, my comment was not pro or con a forum at UBC. My point was to let the board make the decision and then things stay on the up and up. Had they said OK, and I think they might have, then there would have been none of this consternation. Look, there are people who will like or dislike whatever you propose normally especially on a forum. It is not for those on the forum to decide in this case, it is the duty of the board to make such decisions. They could have done this with little bad feelings because it would have been private no matter what they decided. Public forums are terrible places to put choices up to in my opinion. Often the members see it as their choice and in this case, it is not their choice unless the board decides to let it go that way and I doubt they would go their. I know your intent was to be gracious and helpful, but sometimes, better to let others carry the heat in private. I suspect you may have gotten drift of that.

Betsy