ladybotany thinks ALL Anthurium are the same as Anthurium andreanum???

  • Subject: ladybotany thinks ALL Anthurium are the same as Anthurium andreanum???
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:11:52 -0500

The seller calling herself ladybotany has now made two posts on UBC.  Either I'm getting snookered, or she actually thinks ALL Anthurium produce pretty little flowers just like Anthurium andreanum.  I am now wondering if she may have some Anthurium seeds and just went through the internet and picked out names to go with them!  Problem is, as far as I understand, the hybrid forms of A. andreanum are sterile.  They at least should not produce seeds.  She is now saying she is growing these in a warehouse in Cypress.  I think that is the third story.

Here are the links to her posts if you want to read them:

Steve Lucas