Anthurium bonplandii, Really could use your help!

  • Subject: Anthurium bonplandii, Really could use your help!
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:10:51 -0500

About a week ago I put up a new page on Anthurium bonplandii. All the information was taken from the orginal botanical text printed in one of Dr. Croat's journals. I'm looking for additional practical information and grower input. I'd love to know if you grow this species and what you've learned about it.  Any good photos you will allow me to add to the page would be appreciated since our specimen is quite small.  I'll certainly credit you for your photos and information.  The photos I've received so far are from the grower who provided our specimen which is now quite small. According to Joep Moonen in Fench Guiana, this species is quite rare in nature.  When young it does strongly resemble Anthurium jenmanii which is now extremely popular with growers in Indonesia and is a rather odd birds nest form since it is often found growing on stone and is rarely epiphytic.  Anthurium bonplandii is instead normally terrestrial.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20bonplandii%20pc.html

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

.