Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.

  • Subject: Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.
  • From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy@zoominternet.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:25:42 -0400

Of course, there are others, like FDA-approved antibiotics that are known to
cause things like read-through of premature stop codons that are actually
clinically useful that also cause plastid mutations so a careful literature
search might be good for those with a more scientific bent...and YES, these
antibiotics if used in too high a concentration cause total albinism in both
Arisaema and Amorphophallus seedlings....unpublished observations from my
own back-yard lab :o)  I personally never cared enough to do the appropriate
concentration-response studies to see if I could select a variegated clone
(for me, this was a simple curiosity thing as we had the antibiotics in my
research laboratory anyway for totally different purposes) as I do not know
why in the world anyone would want one in the first place.....but that is
just me!

Dan

Dan Devor
Gibsonia, PA where we finally had our first frost last night :o)