Re: Raphidophora cryptantha infloresence .

  • Subject: Re: Raphidophora cryptantha infloresence .
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:19:36 +0000

________________________________
> From: crogers@ecoanalysts.com
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:23:26 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Raphidophora cryptantha infloresence .

Dear Christopher and Michael and all Aroid friends,

Pete Boyce will, I hope, give us a ''final solution'' to our enquiring minds on this issue.
What I can say is the plant/plants of this species at Fairchild Gardens in Miami   (were the basis of this species description) bear blooms hidden frow view under their leaves which are tightly apressed to the wall on which it climbs.  Perhaps under different conditions the same species might bear blooms further away and on longer peduncles that the one at Fairchild??   SEND PHOTOS OF YOUR RESPECTIVE PLANTS.

Good Growing,

Julius