Philodendron "Marijke"

I would like to ask how many of you possess a specimen of the natural hybrid Philodendron "Marijke"?

If you attended the 2008 International Aroid Society Show and Sale in Miami you may be aware I managed to place the winning bid on the large specimen of Philodendron "Marijke" donated by Loretta Enck in honor of her late husband Jim Enck.  I have wanted this plant in my collection for a long time due to my friendship with Joep Moonen who discovered the hybrid in French Guiana.

When I began to try to research Philodendron "Marijke" for a new web page I was very surprise how little information had been published.  With the help of Joep and others I am close to completing that page.  If you have the beautiful hybrid you may find the information here interesting:

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20Marijke.html

If you grow Philodendron "Marijke" please let me know.  I would like to get a count of the known number of specimens in cultivation.

And if you didn't attend the 2008 IAS show and sale be sure and be there September 19 and 20, 2009.  Chances are great you'll find more than a few rare treasures to bring home!

Thanks!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

GIF image