Re: Food maker halts jelly production (bad news for konnyaku)

  • Subject: Re: Food maker halts jelly production (bad news for konnyaku)
  • From: STARSELL@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:30:24 EDT

Hi all,

I am a member of the Calorie Restriction Society list as well as
(newly) this list.

Many of the members there buy and use konjac powder in *pounds*.
It is used to make konjac jello, pudding and other food items like
konjac rice.

I don't think the konjac business will suffer from one Japanese
candy maker.

To see the list of konjac foods some of the CR folks make see:

regards,
Alison Robinson

In a message dated 10/15/2008 11:23:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ju-bo@msn.com writes:

> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:33:46 +0900
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> From: pjm@gol.com
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Food maker halts jelly production (bad news for konnyaku)

Dear All,

This is so stupid that it makes me cringe!  !7 children and ''seniors''  in  13 years reportedly die from choking on konnyaku candy.  It would be of great interest to see how many died from say choking on whale meat, or a fish bone, or any food product or hard candy, or from eating puffer fish in the same time period.  Are ANY of these other items banned?   I bet not!   I wish that the ''powers'' that be would just stop trying to save me/us from ourselves!

Julius
WPB,

FLORIDA