Re: Question on Arisaema seedling growth and care

  • Subject: Re: Question on Arisaema seedling growth and care
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:20:35 +0200

Hello,

Arisaema seedlings grow slowly.
I have 3 species grown from seeds (A. consanguineum, A. serratum and A. concinum).
They are 3 years old and they are about 10 cm tall and the same diameter.
I cultivate them in my garden, they put leaves up in the late spring and go dormant in autumn.
Here are links to two of them
In some species the first leaf is entire, in other it is already 3- or more sect, there's no rule.
Also there's no rule how old they must be to be adult.
A. flavum usually blooms in the third year, but most species need more time.

Best,
Marek Argent