Re: Amorphophallus kiusianus fresh ripe seeds germination

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus kiusianus fresh ripe seeds germination
  • From: ALLAN TETZLAFF <atetzlaff@rogers.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

In botany, when people use 'alba' they usually mean a form, not a species (EG. Paph. haynaldianum or Paph. haynaldianum alba - the former having coloured flowers, the latter having green/white flowers).

For Amorphophallus, albus is a species and quite distinct from kiusianus.  If you look at pictures on aroid.org, the difference is quite clear.

Cheers,

Allan