Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?

  • Subject: Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:08:24 -0500

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?
Ty, I cannot comment specifically on A. paeonifolius, but with my A. konjacs, some will begin to yellow or show other signs of impending dormancy anywhere from late September to late October
here in southern Wisconsin.  Those that do, I take up and prepare for storage.  Others, for some reason, grow right up until the frost takes the foliage down.  It seems to make no difference in this species.  My only consideration is if I had the tuber potted and was afraid that the the temperature would be low enough to damage it if it was above ground.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com