Re: Dracontium amazonense

Further re. this very interesting species:  the VERY long time it takes for tubercles to sprout: any tips on speeding this up?  I have had them in-soil and viable for almost 2 years with no action!
dst
On Oct 1, 2009, at 6:27 PM, ALLAN TETZLAFF wrote:

I have a couple of these and mine rarely go dormant - and when they do, it's not for very long.....

From: E.Vincent Morano <ironious2@yahoo.com>
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:03:30 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Dracontium amazonense

I have a Dracontium amazonense that I wrote about before. Now it has grown a new leaf alongside the one it had all season. I thought these grew durring the year and then went dormant for the winter months. So first should it be growing a new leaf (a bigger one at that) and second when should/how should I let /make it go dormant?
Thank you.

D. Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Brevard County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program
91 East Dr.
Melbourne, Florida 32904

tel: 321.255.4466
FAX: 321.255.4499