Re: Growing Aroids in Planted Ripariums

  • Subject: Re: Growing Aroids in Planted Ripariums
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 02:46:27 +0200

Hello Devin,

If you have Puntius (Barbus) tetrazona, thow them away. They are worse than
They chase other fishes and bite their pinnae, especially the species with
long pinnae like the black tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi).
In a local pet shop they had G. ternetzi and P. tetrazona in one aquarium
and all the tetras had damaged pinnae and they were close to death.
I told them what's the reason and now they have Puntius tetrazona in a
separate aquarium,
sometimes with other Puntius species like P. titteya or P. conchonius, and
tetras are healthy.