New features on the IAS site!

  • Subject: New features on the IAS site!
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:43:46 -0500

For those on Aroid l that are members of the International Aroid Society there are some new features on the IAS website you'll want to check out.  http://www.aroid.org/

The first thing you'll want to do is set up your own log-in code.  You'll be prompted as soon as you click on the member log-on in the left corner of the page.    From there you'll notice IAS members can now receive a 10% discount from Natural Selections Exotics on plant purchases.  There are other aroid sellers that have indicated they will be offering a similar member discount so check the site often to see where you IAS membership can help save money on plant purchases.

If you sell aroids and would like to participate please contact Albert at huntington@aroid.org

In the center of the page you'll find easy access to all the IAS Newsletters, access to the member directory and other useful information.  A new feature that should soon be up and running is the "
Aroid Trading Post".  Once fully operational members will be able to post plants, cuttings and seeds they have available to trade or give to other members.  This feature cannot be used for plants you wish to sell and is limited only to trades among IAS members.

If you have specimens you'd like to trade for other species you will be able to list those and if another member has want you need you'll both benefit. We will be asking that you maintain your own listings and if the plant, cutting or seeds have been either traded or given away.  You may ask for a reasonable postage cost if you are giving the items to members.

The IAS board is discussing more ways to better serve our members.  If you have suggestions please be sure and let us know by posting them on Aroid l or sending them directly to one of the officers.  My email address is Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

While you're on the site please be sure and check all your member information since we want to make sure both your mail and email address are listed correctly.  Since the year is ending you may find it convenient to go ahead and pay your 2010 IAS membership dues.

If you haven't joined the IAS you may find the savings on plants alone to be worth the annual membership cost.  To join, just click the link on the left of the page.

Steve Lucas
IAS Corresponding Secretary

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list