Re: Dracontium amazoense

Bom dia Dan !

I mis spell words all the time, as long as people understand me it is

I like the pic of the inflorescens of the Drac very much.
i never give much attention to Drac's in nature since they are not
rare and
i have some plants and some old slides of them.
i never looked to the spadix and have therefor noticed nothing special.
some times i think they smell as a dead animal, like Meconostigma's.
obvious this is to attract bugs, especially beetles.

I look more in the trees for epiphytes and monkeys and toucans.

it is great if you are happy with 'old' equipment !  it safes a lot of
$$ too !
my son Bernie and I drove just to Paramaribo, 450 km partly very bad
road with our 16 years old toy landcruiser; it is old mecanics, no
turbo, power windows
or a/c.  I don't change it for any new 4 x 4 car, even not for a
hummer limousine !

sorry, this is an aroid forum, we suppoose to talk plants !

nice day, tchao,       Joep