RE: Thrips

Dear Julius,

   Yes, I'm sure about it. They are ugly thrips. The youngsters are
whitish and don't fly. The adults are dark brown and fly. I have seem
both stages and there is no doubt they are thrips. I tried soapy water
and didn't work (now they are just clean thrips). I tried a piretroid
insecticide to garden plants and they liked it. I think they are
insecticide-addicted! Now I think I have to try something stronger.
Obviously I'm also proceeding lots of hand picking but they are too small
(approx. 1mm long) and it is a boring work. Dynamite would work but I
think my plants wouldn't enjoy it. I will try some clues that people told me
and will tell all of you what happened.

Sincerely,

Eduardo.