Re: Acorus tatorinowii continued

Dear Aroid-L;
        Did a quick check through my Chinese books and find that The
"Iconographia ..." (a sort of reader's digest condensed Flora of China)
calls A. tatorinowii a synonym of A. gramineus.
        A Dictionary of  Chinese Flora list Acorus with four species, but
only discusses the 2 in China (gramineus and calamus).

        A look at inventories shows A. tatorinowii in the collections of
the Hangzhou and Nanjing Botanical Gardens. With MBG's close ties to
Nanjing , Tom C. could snap up a plant in moments, I'd bet.

        The truth is out there.

        Jim W.

James W. Waddick                        Voice: 816 746 1949
8871 NW Brostrom Rd                     E-MAIL: jim-jim@swbell.net
Kansas City MO 64152            Fax: 816 746 1939
Zone 5/6 -
Winter low  -10=B0F
Summer high +100=B0F