Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:56:30 CST6CDT
From: Dr. Tom Croat <tcroat@lehmann.mobot.org>
Subject: Re: Aroid tuber storage.. (fwd)

Mike:

	I leave most of my aroids in the ground until after the first heavy
freeze just to be able to enjoy them longer and since they provide much of
my landscape.  Exceptions are anything that has gone dormant already such
as many of my Sauromatum.   I dig those up in order not to lose track of
where they are.  Amorphophallus I store in cardboard boxes or paper bags
in my unheated garage under the house.  Caladium suffer there so I store
them in paper bags in a heated part of the house.  I just dig them up
leaves and all and put them into a bag.  They overwintered very nicely.  I
think I will just leave most of my Pinellia out to overwinter and Arum, of
course will stay out.

	Tom