Re: Cultivars of Alocasia x amazonica

Dear Wilbert,
Just a note on this Alocasia--  A few years aback, I believe it was John
Banta that published a most interesting note in the newsletter of the IAS on
this hybrid and the reason for its name.  If I remember correctly, the
breeder owned a nursery here in florida, and the nurseries name was
"Amazonica", and he named his creation after his nursery.   This will clear
up this hybrids name.  Maybe MOBOT or someone who keeps an archive of the
IAS newsletters could pull the article up if needed.
Cheers,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com