RE: Cultivars of Alocasia x amazonica

Dear Julius,

Thanks for the info on the epithet amazonica. Let's face it, this thing
should have been published as a cultivar in the first place (Alocasia
'Amazonica') and not as a hybrid "species" with a Latin binomen. Anyway,
this suggests that the whole thing may in fact be one clone. Clonal
mutations may have arisen in time and that is what I need to know. If
this thing never mutates or has mutated, then there is no reason to
suspect new cultivars from within it.