Re: Cultivars of Alocasia x amazonica (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Burns <burns@mobot.mobot.org>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: Cultivars of Alocasia x amazonica (fwd)

Sender: alistair_hay_at_po-sydney@rbgsyd.gov.au (Alistair Hay)
Subject: Re: Cultivars of Alocasia x amazonica

    >> Some are listed in Burnett Aroideana 7.

     Re Julius' comment, Alocasia x amazonica is generally attributed to
     the French horticulturalist Andre and is probably a late 19th Century
     thing. However, I have not yet been able to find any original
     publication of the name.

     Alistair<<

Dear Alistair,
I an still having a prob. responding directly to your e-mail address.
If and when possible, I`d love to see if in fact Andre does mention a "A.
amazonica".   From this side the evidence is pretty strong on it being
createn at Amazon nursery in Miami, but that is not to say that there was
not an Andre mention of a plant "amazonica", and it would be nice to clear
up its usage once and for all.
Write when time permits.
Cheers,
Julius