Sluggo

Aroiders:

   Last week there was some discussion about the control of snails and
slugs.  This past weekend I was reading the latest issue of HortTechnology,
a publication of the American Society for Horticultural Science.  In the
"Resources Available" section the following product was listed:

"Product:  Sluggo, an organic compound controls slugs and snails.  The
active ingredient is phosphate, a plant nutrient.  Sluggo won't harm pets
and wildlife and can be used on vegetables, ornamentals, groundcovers, and
more.

Contact:  Monteray Lawn and Garden Products; 559.499.2100; 559.499.1015;
monteraylawngarden.com."

  I know nothing of this product.  I am presenting it for the information
of those who may want to try something different.

Good Luck,

Paul M. Resslar
Professor of Biology
Virginia Wesleyan College