Caladiums, green dragon and slugs

Hi Aroiders,
I have thoroughly enjoyed the solid red Caladiums that I ordered from
Dick Mansell of Florida this past spring. Sadly I will have to take them
up in another week or two to store them here in Charlotte NC area. But
looking forward to planting these Caladiums next June.
Someone is sending me seeds from a green dragon plant. They want to know
if it would be safe for me to sow these seeds directly into the ground
this late in the growing season. Or should I wait until next March to
sow these seeds?
I sowed different jack-in-the-pulpit seeds this August directly in the
ground. These just came up last week. Other Arisaema seeds that I have
sowed in August in previous years have survived our winters.
Speaking of Aroids. I bought an Arisaema ringens 'Puto' plant September
1993. My Arisaema ringens 'Puto' has never bloomed. The foliage returns
each year. I have extras of this Arisaema ringens 'Puto' to trade. They
keep mulitplying but don't bloom.

'As the Slug Turns':
Has anyone tried gluing a continuous row of copper pennies around the
rim of flower pots to repel slugs? How about a continuous loop of solid
16 AWG bare copper wire around the base of plants? I am experimenting
with this. No results are in.
Instead of mail ordering the $6 slug motels I found some cute little
plastic toy boxes, domes, etc. from a second hand store. I spray painted
only the top clear part of a box and drilled 1/4 inch holes into the
sides for the slugs to enter. I plan on gluing beads onto this to make
it look like a little treasure chest in my yard.

Judy Bauer
Concord NC