Re: "pruning" Amorphophallus

I've never tried to prune a konjac, but the growing tip from a two inch corm
got "pruned" back to the soil line by critters this spring.  I thought I'de
lost a growing season, but then it sent up seven new leaves.
I'm dying to dig it up and see if it has split into seven corms (not a happy
outcome) but unlike all my other konjacs, it hasn't died back yet.