Re: Anthurium salvinii seeds

Miguel

Here in south Florida I simply wash the seeds and drop them on top of my
moist planting medium. Keep humid and out of bright sun. But in general if
you are allowing Anthurium seeds to dry you will have little success with
germination.
They need to go into the planting medium immediately after removal from the
fruit.

Don

>I've collected some A. salvinii seeds in Costa Rica and I wonder if there's
>any special thing needed to germinate them. I just sowed them, removing them
>from the berry. Should they dry out before being sown?

>BTW, I've got three berries left. Let me know if anyone wants them.
>
>Regards,
>Miguel

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA