Amorph. ID needed.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Amorph. ID needed.
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:16:01 -0500 (CDT)

I have my unknown amorphophallus finally in bloom.  I got it from Wilbert,
labeled (I swear I did not misplace the label)  as HAM 102, which was
supposed to be a bulbifer, and bulbifer it ain't.

See http://www.kozminski.com/Photos/Amorph1.jpg for the general
appearance, and http://www.kozminski.com/Photos/Amorph2.jpg for the
closeup of the inflorescence.

The thing is tiny - maybe 7 inches tall.  The photos show it in a 1-gallon
pot.  I missed the day it opened, and today there was no perceptible
smell.

Dows anyone have any idea what is it?

KK
"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@kozminski.com
http://www.kozminski.com/