Miami Area Resources

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Miami Area Resources
  • From: Albert Huntington <BALBERTH@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:05:15 -0500 (CDT)

Aroiders,

I believe this topic may have come up before, but as responses tend to be
private and therefore not archived, I am asking it again.

After talking to some of us who will be traveling from afar to the Miami area
for the IAS Show and Sale, I know that many of us are trying to figure out
where else in the Miami area we might want to visit should we happen to have
any cash left after the Show and Sale.

Could some of the many Floridians on the list suggest some nurseries to visit
in the Miami area, keeping in mind that a lot of us are no doubt interested in
various rare/exotic plants, and not exclusively Aroids?

Some suggestions in the past have been:  Dewey Fisk's place, Palm Hammock
Orchid Estate, Zone Ten nursery.  I am hoping to see some more in the same
vein.

Thanks in advance.
--Albert

=====
Albert Huntington           San Jose, CA U.S.A.
           Visit my greenhouse at:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/1436