Re: Gorgonidium vermicidium

In a message dated 9/7/2000 11:19:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
edggon@hotmail.com writes:

> Many Spathicarpoids are very poisonous and there
>  are some anedoctal evidence that the indians used grated tubers of both
>  species in wounds infested with larvae of flies ("worms"). If it really
>  works, I don't know! The only thing I can assure is that most
Spathicarpoids

>  are "homicidum", i.e., they can kill people! Never eat raw tubers of
>  Gorgonidium, Taccarum, Asterostigma, etc! Remember that Dieffenbachia
>  (dumb-cane) is phylogenetically very close to the Spathicarpoids and in
fact

>  could be considered one of them.
>
>                          Best wishes,
>
>                                     Eduardo.
dear edu,

please call me tsuh yang, as it is my first name, i just don't use a hyphen...

how can i make sure my squirrels eat the tuber?  the whole top plant rotted
this week but i still have a tuber... thank you and lord P. for writing.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA