Places to see in Miami

To further the discussion on places to visit while in Miami, I was wondering if
the Kampong is open to the public? I have seen a lot of interesting plant
pictures in several books taken at the Kampong, and I remember seeing that  it is
a National Botanical Garden or something similar. I never knew of its existence
when I used to live in Miami years ago, but it has apparently been around since
Fairchild's time. Thanks in advance for any info.

Adam Black