Alocasia potting mix

On expert advise, I changed the potting mix I was using for anthuriums and suddenly am seeing them flourish as they never had before.  They had grown *adequately* in Pro-Mix but never as they're growing now.  Consequently, it's dawning on me that I should be changing other potting mixes rather than trying to get everything to grow in Pro-Mix.

So - what are people's favorites for Alocasias?  Specifically, I've had problems with Black Velvet getting terminal cases of dwindles.  I suspect that Pro-Mix doesn't drain well enough.  Obviously I could just add some perlite but why stop there?  I'll glady purchase whatever charcoal-bark-osmundum-sphagnum-peat-vermiculite-loam-compost-plastic-fiberglass combination people recommend and see what happens.