Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.

  • Subject: Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.
  • From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:42:41 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Julius
The only plant of P.leal-costae I have seen was in the Singapore Botanic Gardens
- a long way from you! I have not heard of it being commercially available
either from seed or as plants.
As far as P.cipoense and P.biribiriense, I have checked my Meconostigma bible,
namely Simon Mayo's revision  of this subgenus in Kew Bulletin Vol 46 No 4 1991,
and as I suspected these are not included in this subgenus as published at that
time. I should have a look at the artcile you mentioned and see what I reckon.
Simon is the best one to judge this.

Neil Crafter
Adelaide Australia