Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.

  • Subject: Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:46:13 -0500 (CDT)

I remember reading, perhaps 40 years ago, in the late, lamented Aquarium
Magazine a column by the publisher William T. Innes that a Monstera deliciosa in
the Temple University greenhouse in Philadelphia had grown roots into a fish
tank and had suddenly taken off with larger and holier leaves than ever before.
Perhaps a cutting of P. leal-costae fastened to the edge of an aquarium would
succeed.

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin USA