Re: Big Show: Transporting plants Accross the Country

  • Subject: Re: Big Show: Transporting plants Accross the Country
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein <ecuador@midsouth.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:33:08 -0500 (CDT)

Hey guys, other than taking plants into California and Hawaii and cactae into
the Southwest, I don't think you have a problem at all even if it is in boxes.
California has restrictions on what can be taken into their fare state and
Hawaii does also. The old rule, don't shout what you have, don't brag about it,
pack it well, and go for it. I have taken plants into California in boxes
without a problem one. I know of a California collectors who make it a point to
bring trunks with him and has no problems transporting. Your only problem will
be to get the the suppliers before he gets there because little will be left for
you. Kidding....Could you have problems, I guess so, but the odds are very
small. As to the rest of the States, plants go through the mail all the time
without any particular permits. Into foreign countries is a different story so
beware of that one. My suggestion would be to just have fun and do what you want
and enjoy the opportunity to get what you might never get anywhere else. Life is
fun that way. Don't look for trouble and don't expect it.

Having transported many a plant from end to end in this country, just do it!

Betsy