Re: Grocery store aroids.

  • Subject: Re: Grocery store aroids.
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:42:02 -0500 (CDT)

Sue, look for yautia also. Mine is now a huge green Colocasia-like plant,
but more stocky and with an appealing satiny iridescent sheen to the
leaves. Pictures soon I hope.
OK, so any recipes for Sauromatum? Last year I only kept the large tubers
and chucked the scores of offsets as far as I could into neighborhood
property! Glad I moved outta there; but Elizabeth, New Jersey (pronounced
Ellie sabe, noo hersee) always had that particularly appealing aroma come
the hot days of summer.
Bonaventure

"Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>@mobot.org on 09/06/2001 06:32:48 PM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org