Re: Greenhouse effect

  • Subject: Re: Greenhouse effect
  • From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:15:36 -0500 (CDT)

>    There is just one problem: The ice from the poles will melt and most of
>the biggest cities near the shore (some of them not so near) will be under
>the water!

I don't believe this buisness about if the poles melted that MOST of the
cities near the shores of the world would be under water. When the ice cubes
in my glass of water melt, the water level in the glass does not get any
higher than it did when the ice cubes were still frozen. The entire northern
ice cap is floating in the ocean the whole thing could melt and it wouldn't
change the oceans level one millimeter. The south pole is only about half on
land so the oceans may rise a very little bit. maybe a few cities that are
at sea level will have problems but it is not as big a disaster as the press
and politicians make it out to be .

Here in south carolina we have a very mild summer temperature wise. Just
right for growing aroids!!

 Anyway, you will be able to grow tropical seaweeds! (I think