Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.

  • Subject: Re: 'Self-heading' Philodendrons.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:40:24 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 12:59 PM

Hi Again,

I have written to Joep about the poss. of getting the Philo. seed, and I
will let you know if and when he replys, he lives pretty simply and under
crude conditions, so when his comp. goes crook it may be a while before he
gets it going again!   When it is up perhaps you may get in contact w/ him
and you can exchange your want list with the list of rare stuff he can and
does get.
Did`nt know that Brom`s were a big thing your way!   I like some of the
'wild' pineapples, and have three sps here, nice little buggers.
Keep in touch!

>>Another nice really big Bromeliad would be Vriesea, now changed to
Alcantarea imperialis.
I have asked a few of my Brazil bromeliad contacts to look out for Aroids in
Bromeliads when out on trips .
No luck yet , but have got some fantastic Vriesea spp.
and lots on different Aechmea that are new to me .
We probably have twice as many Bromeliads as Aroids !

Michael Pascall,Curator,