Re: Things to do in Miami...

  • Subject: Re: Things to do in Miami...
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:18:53 -0500 (CDT)

There are acres and acres of Spathiphyllum growing here in South Florida
in shade houses. Unfortunately, they are all tissue cultured, hybrid
commercial varieties designed for florist, interiorscape or Mass-market
chain stores consumption. I don't think you could find a species in the
lot with the exception of a few florabunda varieties designed for small
pot usage. The best usage I found for them was the nurseryman who
painted all the spathes red for Valentines day with florist paint. They
were beautiful until the next set of buds opened and disappointed the
owners with their plain white coloring.

Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida