Re: Greenhouse effect

  • Subject: Re: Greenhouse effect
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:24:36 -0500 (CDT)

> >In a message dated Fri, 7 Sep 2001  1:15:47 AM
Eastern Daylight
> >Time, Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com> writes:
> >
> >When the ice cubes in my glass of water melt,
the water level in the glass does not get any
higher than it did when the ice cubes were still
frozen. The entire northern
ice cap is floating in the ocean the whole thing
could melt and it wouldn't
change the oceans level one millimeter. The south
pole is only about half on
land so the oceans may rise a very little bit.

Neil,

Dear Neil,

I am a little worried about my seafront property &
global warming as apart from all the other worlds
perma-ice, the Continent of Antarctica with its
half mile thick ice seems to be somewhat larger
than the States?  Surely you are being Devil's
Advocate again?

Yours disbelievingly

Ron