Re: A. konjac

  • Subject: Re: A. konjac
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:19:55 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:41 PM
Subject: A. konjac

Dear Paul,
If they were mine, I`d wait for the leaf to turn yellow and begin to 'go down', stop watering at this point and dry the pots out completely for a couple of weeks, dig the tubers up and store them in the fridge veggie drawer till next spring, but wait to hear from some experts before you do this!
>>Well as we all have, i bought some A. konjacs on impulse because they were cheap. They all came up fine and have been growing great for a few months. Now the problem. I live in Miami and have learned they won't grow here, due to needing a cold dormancy period. So first if they can be grown down here please tell me, otherwise, i was wondering if a nice refrigeration when they go dormant would work. any thoughts?
Paul Marcellini