Re: spatiphyllum Macho

  • Subject: Re: spatiphyllum Macho
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:39:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Ben!

Thank you for reporting Spathiphyllum "Macho" & being another person
noticing Peace Lilies!  It is a cultivar, maybe a hybrid, produced in
Holland not a natural species I think.  It is one of the "missing" forms I
need!  .Do you have a source please?  Is there any way I can purchase a
plant or a few of this form, or for that any of the 50 others I need please?
There are only 40 or so known species in the genus Spathiphyllum ranging
from 10 cms to 3 metres height.   But over 100 "named" cultivars are named.
"Macho" is definitive maybe & produced in tissue culture.  If you want
others now, I can send you Chopin, Cupido, Piccolino, Sweet Chico etc.
Please let me know how I can help you.   The World Spathiphyllum Reference
here will hopefully contain two thirds of 150 plus forms soon.  I would be
very grateful to know any other definitively named forms you see!

Someone else interested in collecting Spathiphyllum?  AMAZING!

Ron Iles

PS Are you Member of the International Aroid Society?   I serve the Society
as their NewsEditor as you may know?