Back from the Show

  • Subject: Back from the Show
  • From: Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:16:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Everyone,

  I made it back to California last night with a suitcase full of plants, a
backpack full of tubers and a lot of good memories.  Now that I'm
semi-recovered from all of the unpacking and re-potting, I'd like to publicly
thank everyone who made it possible, especially people like Tricia, Ron, Denis,
Amy, Julius and all those who every year work so hard to make this wonderful
event a success.

  Last year, after I attended the show for the first time, I wrote a message
encouraging those of us who live out of the area to take the time and fly to
attend the show.  I would like to repeat that exhortation again this year.  Due
to my work, I was only able to fly to Florida for the weekend, but despite the
fact that I spent much of my weekend in airplanes and airports, this event made
it one of the most enjoyable weekends of the year.  I know what you're
thinking, but trust me...  it's well worth the trouble.

 The collection of rare and exotic plants brought together this year for sale,
for auction and for display was nothing short of amazing.  The food was first
class.  Our guest speaker Dr. Frank Brown was amusing and informative.  The
company of so many enthusiastic and knowledgable plant people made it a weekend
to remember for a long time to come.

  In closing, I would again like to thank everyone for a great time, and I
would encourage those of you who did not attend to seriously consider making it
next year.  You can be sure that I will.

Albert Huntington           San Jose, CA U.S.A.
           Visit my greenhouse at:

Do You Yahoo!?