[aroid-l] The real Pinellia integrifolia

  • Subject: [aroid-l] The real Pinellia integrifolia
  • From: James Waddick jwaddick@kc.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:57:29 -0500

Dear all;
Been musing about the occurrence of Pinellia integrifolia and especially if it is in cultivation. This species is not listed in the recent RHS Plant finder and Google turns up nothing. The Jellito and Schacht "Hardy Herbaceous Perennials"(2 vol, Timber press) lists it along with a host of mostly fairly common perennials. There are few people who claim to have this plant, and i know it was listed on Chen Yi a few times, but never correctly named to my best understanding.

Does anyone actually have this plant? I mean the REAL Pinellia integrifolia. If you think you got it from Chen Yi I can send a line drawing and a few definitive characters to help you ID your plant.

I would be eager to trade for something equally uncommon.

Mostly I am curious if this is really in cultivation i the US or elsewhere.

Thanks for your input. Jim W.
Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711