Re: [aroid-l] Growing problems.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Growing problems.
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:30:43 -0400

We sometimes see bacteria/fungus problems at this time of year with
Amorphophallus petiole rot...leaf mushes out quickly as well...sometimes the
spread is so fast down the tuber that there's nothing to do but get rid of
the whole plant.  We've got some curious ponderings in regards to why some
plants/collections may be more inclined to show bacteria/fungal
problems...let me ask you this, Susan...do you smoke cigarettes?