Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha
  • From: "David Ruland" druland@atlantabotanicalgarden.org
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:41:10 -0400

Does anyone know how hardy these are?

-----Original Message-----
From: Julius Boos [mailto:ju-bo@msn.com]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 6:22 PM
To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: Chanrit Sinhabaedya <siamanthus@hotmail.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 1:18 AM
Subject: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha

hello Chanrit,

These are the only two species described thus far for the genus.    The
second was extremely rare before two friends of mine  re-collected it some
years ago during an Asian collecting trip.   What is the source of your
specimens??   There we a fairly large group of at least one species for sale
as tubers at the show last weekend at Fairchild Gardens in Miami.

>>Hi all,
My Pycnospatha arietina flowered first time this year. And I've just got P.
palmata recently.
Apart from these, are they anymore species of Pycnospatha? I just wondering.

Chanrit Sinhabaedya
Bangkok Thailand.