Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. kiusianus germination
  • From: "Randy Story" story@caltech.edu
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:33:53 -0700

Thanks Petra,

Since Harry sent me three seeds, I have planted one without any treatment
and soaked the other two overnight, one in 100 ppm giberellic acid, the
other in distilled water.  It sounds like it might be too late for the
soaking step, but maybe the seed will "think" it's just been through
seasonal heavy rains.  Hopefully rot won't set in!  I'll let you know if I
have any success.

I guess I'm just impatient and a even a few months seems like a long time.
I've learned to deal with dormancy of tubers, though.  I think.