[aroid-l] Amorph. seedling question.

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Amorph. seedling question.
  • From: "Rob Zuiderwijk" mail_list@robzuiderwijk.nl
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:14:56 +0200

Through this years Amorphophallus distribution by Wilbert Hetterscheid I received some seeds of Am. koratensis. They are my firsts attempt at growing Amorpho's from seeds. I sowed them the 10th of May and at the moment I've 24 very good growing plantlets of which most have already produced a second leaf.
Now for my question. I was wondering when does one start to feed young Amorpho seedlings? I mean, I understand that they can continue to grow for quite some time before they go into their first dormancy. And I suppose they need some feeding at one time or the other.

Thanks in advance.

        Rob Zuiderwijk
        (The Netherlands)