Re: [aroid-l] Availability of A. warocqueanum and veitchii

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Availability of A. warocqueanum and veitchii
  • From: "Harold Beck" drewbeck@swbell.net
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:13:05 -0500

Lynn - thanks for the note - that is interesting - I'm somewhat familiar
with Tampa weather - seems that it is somewhat like Houston (I live in Clear
Lake - which is down toward Galveston - near the water - hot - humid) - I've
been trying to decide on what type cooling to use in the new small
greenhouse - and was looking into cooling pads as well as into the fog
emitters - I was also considering air conditioning coupled with emitters if
necessary -  It sounds like from your experience that the emitters coupled
with a good exhaust system would do the trick -- the cooling pad people that
I contacted were not overly enthused - mainly because of the high humidity
here in Houston - but it sounds like for the veitchii and warocq.s that the
fog system would be fine - you have periods of high humidity also - right ??

Thanks, appreciate your input

Harold----- Original Message -----