Re: [aroid-l] Availability of A. warocqueanum and veitchii

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Availability of A. warocqueanum and veitchii
  • From: Aroideae@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:04:58 EDT

harold---
       i grow both species in the tampa, florida area in high humidity and
shade but without cool pads.  i rely on low volume overhead emitters that cycle
every 2 hrs during the daytime and on a 54 inch exhaust fan with an automatic
shutter at the opposite end of the greenhouse.  the double doors on the
greenhouse are open all year also, when the temp. is above 60 deg.  it's hot here
too, but the greenhouse rarely goes above 90 deg in the summer.  i maintain 60
deg minimum during the winter.  i've had the plants growing under these
conditions for about 10 yrs. with no problems.

lynn